You want to purchase a laptop cooling pad. Your laptop heats up really quickly. You tell to your friends and they suggest you to buy a quality laptop cooling pad. But, there are two problems. You are a beginner and you purchase a laptop cooling pad for the first time. You don’t know what to look for in a quality laptop cooling pad. Don’t worry; we’ve got an instant solution for it. This post will answer your burning question. That is, how to select a quality laptop cooling pad! Let’s get started.
What is a laptop cooling pad?
A laptop cooling pad is an accessory that helps to reduce the operating temperature of a laptop. This can be used when a laptop is unable to cool itself. A laptop cooling pad can be placed under the laptop for effective cooling.
Types of laptop cooling pads:
Generally, there are two types of laptop cooling pads currently available in the market. They are active cooling pads and passive cooling pads. Active cooling pad works based on the air blowing principle. It blows air around the body of the laptop with the help of fans. The number of fans may start from 1 and can expand up to 6 depending on the model, and the speed of the fan can be adjusted either manually or automatically. Also, most of these cooling pads take power from the USB port itself.
On the other hand, passive cooling pads use a compound to cool the bottom part of your laptop. But this kind of cooling pads can only be used for a limited amount of time. So, when you want this type, make sure that you note down where all the air vents are placed in your laptop. As suggested by mippin these cooling pad and laptop must be maintained clean for effective performance.
Benefits of using a laptop cooling pad:
There are several benefits attached by using a cooling pad to control your laptop’s heat level. Here is a list of some of them.
- Reduces operating temperature dramatically, hence increases its performance and lifespan.
- Much more comfortable to use because of the reduced heat.
- Increases both the CPU and GPU performance.
- Prolong your laptop’s lifespan.
- It won’t take much space.
How to choose a quality laptop cooling pad:
There are some things you need to look for when you select a quality laptop cooling pad. Here is a list of stuff for your consideration.
- The size of the cooling pad. This is the first thing you should check. Either it should fit the bottom area of the laptop or it should be a little larger.
- It should be comfortable to use. It is also important, whether you want to use your laptop in your lap or in your bed, you should feel comfortable with the cooling pad.
- It should be portable and must be lighter in weight. Many may ignore this. But if you are a continuous traveler, then you should always prefer portable and lightweight cooling pads.
- It should be durable. Don’t go for a cooling pad that is made of cheap plastic to save some bucks. Go for the cooling pads made of strong durable plastic or any other metal combination.
- Consider your budget. If you are short on cash, then you must go for those which are made of cheap plastic. But prepare to change it every now and then.
- Check for the number of fans it contains. This may vary from one pad to another. Some may have one and others may have as many as six fans in them. If you want more fans, go for it. Otherwise, go for a model that has less cooler fans.
- Check its noise level. You shouldn’t feel irritated by the noise level of your laptop cooling pad. So, check its noise level. The best way to do it is to read the customer reviews if you are purchasing online and you should visit the seller’s store in person if you are buying in a physical shop.
- Check its air circulation speed. Basically its measured in CFM (cubic feet per minute.) it varies from 20 to 70 based on a particular model. Go for a cooling pad that has more CFM because the faster the air circulation, the cooler the device will be.
Ok, we’ve come to the end of this article. We’ve provided some important tips on how to choose a quality laptop cooling pad. For more technology related updates feel free to visit vletuknow Want to add your thoughts? Share them in the comments section below.
Also read, https://www.crazyspeedtech.com/how-to-set-up-alexa/
Leave a Reply