Writing about the 2018 OpenWorld, Forbes’s Rob Preston gave numerous reasons to attend, tracing the two decades of experience Oracle has in putting on a tent pole tech event. He also discusses how you could build a custom schedule using an online tool, which is extremely helpful for using your time efficiently and is a feature available for this year’s conference, too.
Filled with human-centered solutions and discussions, this year’s OpenWorld will be the site where breakthroughs are realized. Attendees will connect, learn, explore and be inspired; more than 2,200 educational sessions are planned, and hundreds of demos and hands-on labs will make information come alive. Moreover, this event is a showcase for leading cloud technologies and applications.
Pre-event, group, and on-site are all available. Student pricing is offered, too, and exhibitors get complimentary access. Press and Influencers get complimentary access with approval by Oracle PR. Purchasing the all-inclusive “The Pass” enables you to attend Oracle OpenWorld and Oracle Code One.
The speakers on the agenda are some of the boldest and brightest and hail from diverse endeavors. Included are:
- Mick Eberling – CEO and Founder of Not Impossible Labs
- Dr. Kate Darling – Robotics Ethicist, MIT Media Labs
- Tracy Edwards – author, adventurer, and British sailor
- Duncan Wardie – founder of iD8 and former Head of Innovation and Creativity, Walt Disney Resorts
- Larry Ellison – Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Officer, Oracle
- Jerry Rice – Football Legend
- and many more
You’ll be meeting the minds of those who are challenging the world through breakthrough and innovative ideas. Insights may be obtained that will revolutionize your organization as well as affect your customers, and perhaps, even, society itself.
Keynote sessions, such as Autonomous Data Management, take place every day. Numerous Hands-on Labs as well a Movie Night, at exciting Oracle Park, present an experience like no other.
Solution Keynotes include:
- How to Turn Change into Opportunity with Oracle Cloud Apps
- Cloud Platform and Middleware Strategy and Roadmap
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
- A New Vision for Oracle Analytics
- Oracle’s Infrastructure Strategy for Cloud and On-Premise
Staying in the Area
Staying in the heart of Silicon Valley, Santa Clara will put you close to San Francisco. It’s a bustling city, home of 49ers and the Intel Museum. Hotels near Santa Clara, CA include the Hyatt House Santa Clara, a large hotel in the heart of this city. It’s close to the San Jose Airport and convenient transportation runs from there to the Moscone Center in the form of CalTrain. Hilton Santa Clara is another good option, located in a similar area and offering easy access to Levi’s Stadium and California’s Great America theme park.
With so much in the area, you’ll want to be sure to attend this year’s Oracle OpenWorld where you’ll explore, learn, and have fun.