Hair is an attractive part of the body. Some women love their hair to be curly, whereas others prefer it straight. Some women adore different hair colors and highlights and often visit the salon to elevate their beauty. However, you must not forget to apply a hair mask.
After all, it is amazing and allows your hair to transform into a glossy and gleaming mane. Some women prefer using a conditioner and underestimate the power of hair masks. Well, you must not apply it only once and then avoid it altogether. There are certain do’s and don’ts you will have to follow. You can keep reading to know those do’s and don’ts.
- Do pick the right product for your hair: There are different types of products available for different hair types. It is similar to the various products attainable for various skin types. So, you must first understand your hair type before choosing a mask.
It is recommended not to pick up a random product from the counter. If you buy the wrong mask, you might end up with hair issues. So, in case you have dyed your hair, you can use a mask with restorative and protective ingredients.
To absorb excess oil and combat greasy scalp, you can search for a clay-based mask. When it comes to damaged and dry hair, an intensive nourishing mask will certainly work wonders. If you want to tame your curls, make sure that your mask includes plant oils.
- Don’t apply it on dirty and greasy hair: Many women often apply hair masks when their hair is dirty and greasy. Hence, it is not at all effective to them. So, make sure that you wash your hair and rinse the dirt and grease properly.
If the dirt and grease remain, the mask applied won’t penetrate your hair. Therefore, make sure that you apply the mask when your hair is wet. That’s because the nutrients present in the masks are absorbed into your hair, allowing you to gain a lustrous shine.
- Do try sleeping in a mask: Some masks can be utilized overnight. Leaving your hair at night with the mask will provide you with glossy and luxurious hair. You can use hydrating and moisturizing hair masks for overnight use.
But make sure that you don’t apply clay or protein masks because your hair can be damaged when you leave them for a prolonged time. For some, sleeping with hair masks can be difficult since it makes a massive mess of the pillow.
So, you can wrap your hair by wearing a shower cap after applying the mask. It is recommended to wear a silk scarf for a soundless and good night’s sleep. You can rinse your hair in the morning and attain a magnificent sheen.
- Apply a mask once or twice every week: Using the mask at all times will allow you to step into the shower more often. Hence, you must not overuse the masks as they can backfire at any time. After all, the mask is loaded with ingredients like oils, proteins, vitamins, and butter in really high concentrations. Using it every day can result in your hair feeling weighed down.
Moreover, your hair can be prone to breakage, and the strands’ elasticity can be disturbed. So, it is highly recommended to use hair masks once or twice each week for better results.
- Don’t be tempted to use low-quality hair masks: Some hair masks are far better than others, especially natural and ayurvedic hair masks. You can look for stores that provide you with an ayurvedic hair mask online.