People have been exposed to a severe pandemic, covid-19, since 2019, and many sectors have suffered as a result of its rapid spread; however, out of all the sectors, the education sector has had the most challenges at the global level. Globally, all education institutions were closed, and all the classes shifted to online platforms and the majority of youngsters are losing interest in their academics, which is not a positive sign. To prevent this, children must be taught the value of education in their life, as well as the significance of the Olympiad test. In addition to these two words of advice, the youngsters should be provided specific tips and methods to which they should follow and succeed in this renowned Olympiad test.
Learn the Importance of education
Individuals who are educated and competent have better living conditions and have more successful lives in today’s environment. Every individual requires a strong education in order to progress in life and get respect in society. It is critical for everyone to enhance their knowledge, way of life, as well as their social and economic standing throughout their lives. Children must not get distracted from their studies. Because are only going to give them a good future.
Significance of the Olympiad test
- The Olympiad test seeks to create a future talent pool by providing a unique competitive platform and identifying young geniuses.
- Olympiad test evaluations are difficult and complex because they help pupils grasp the material. It finally enhances the results of routine classes.
- Students gain confidence as a result of the Olympiad test, which also assists parents in identifying their child’s ability.
- JEE Main, other competitive tests, and recruiting exams all use the Olympiad as a pre-assessment.
- Children’s analytical thinking is also enhanced through Olympiads. Olympiad examinations allow students at the school to assess their understanding, reasoning ability, and knowledge level.
The preparatory tips are as follows
- For accurate guidance, examine enriched study materials: If you are in a CBSE-affiliated school, it is vital that you read NCERT books and understand your class material completely. Cover the books in your school’s syllabus for ICSE and other state boards. Every student must have a firm foundation in topics such as science and mathematics. It’s a good idea to get specialist assistance. Children must follow the best study materials for talent hunts such as Olympiad They should be based on current trends and created by specialists with many years of expertise.
- Make Time Management a Priority: Just after you have collected the study- material, it is essential to schedule your day and prepare in advance. The situation during Covid-19 was such that children were unable to study their usual school books during the epidemic and Keeping up with the preparation of the National Science Olympiad may be very challenging. Therefore, the students should make time management their priority and so, as a result, the studies will go on an excellent pace. Also, It would be easier for you to study difficult questions for the Olympiad if you recall the school books well. While making the timetable children must separate the subject into major topics that are related or have a follow-up.
- Learn about the most recent exam pattern: It is critical to understand how the National Science Olympiad varies from your school examinations since it is a competitive test that follows an MCQ pattern rather than subjective type questions. These Multiple-choice questions are with just one right answer. The National Science Olympiad is divided into two levels: the first is held in the participants’ individual schools for grades 1 through 12, and the second is held for grades 3 through 12.
All levels have a one-hour time limit.
For the second level test, applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites:
- The top 5% of candidates in each class took the First Level Exam.
- As well as the top 25 candidates in each zone.
- Stay Motivated and Keep Challenging Yourself: You should create some goals and set some challenges for yourself. If you are still young, this practice will be quite beneficial. Also, Encourage yourself to be physically and mentally fit. Following are the few things you can do to keep yourself motivated as well as challenging.
- Every day, think ‘outside the box’ and solve a riddle.
- Newspapers should be read
- Every day, add 5 new words to your vocab.
- Draw, paint, or take up a new pastime as a creative outlet.
- Every day, engage in some form of physical activity.
- Solve sample papers: Solving sample papers will help you to keep track on your weaknesses as well as on your strengths. It will let you know which all topics need to be revised again. When you solve the question papers it will boost your confidence and will let you know about the various types of questions that can be asked during the examination. Click IMO Class 9 Previous Year Paper 2012 to refer to a sample paper.
- Know the exam pattern: Knowing about the exam pattern will be very helpful. It will help you to do the weightage of questions for the three different sections of the exam. Although the exam pattern for all the exams is unique, every exam has a section of logical reasoning. The pattern will also let you know about the marking scheme and u can accordingly give importance to the higher marks question.
- Do not be afraid to seek assistance: Even if you have minor doubts still never feel shame to ask it from your tutors or anyone else. It has a plus point that if you will ask for assistance for once you will never have the same doubt again.
- Practice with Mock Exams: Students can take multiple online tests to improve their accuracy and speed for the Olympiad examination. These tests are the most effective way to pass the Olympiad exam.
Students must take as many mock tests as feasible after finishing the entire chapter. Taking one practice exam every day will benefit students in a variety of ways, including improving problem-solving efficiency, reducing the risks of making an error, and so on.