Nothing feels as good as spending quality time with our loved ones. With the current state of the world where work dominates people’s lives, plus the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, planning a picnic is a good way to spice up things in your love life. Eating outside with your significant other as you enjoy the beautiful scenery and watch the sunset can be so therapeutic. The intimate talks and hearty laughter will spice things up.
There are a lot of things you should put in mind before setting up a picnic. You should consider the location, activities you can engage in, the decorations, foods, and drinks to carry along, and last but not least the kind of clothes to dress in depending on the weather conditions. Let us look at these factors in detail.
1. Picnic Location And Time
It is important to consider a place that your partner enjoys. It could be around woods, a scenic park, in a vineyard, by the water, or even on top of mountains. Take note of the following while looking for a picnic location:
- Overly wooded places and parks that pose a danger of being attacked by wild animals should be avoided.
- The weather condition, it could be on a sunny or on a calm day. Carry an umbrella In case there is a chance of rain. If you’re going to go water skiing or skiing, make sure you carry goggles to block the sun.
- Choose a place with minimal destruction for a romantic picnic. A secluded place is best for such.
- Plan your picnic before it gets dark outside. Sunset hours are best for romantic picnics. Don’t rush the date, ensure you have enough time for each other.
- Cover your food if you are on a beach to avoid getting sand or pieces of wood in your food.
- Inform your partner about the picnic date, location and time so that she can dress appropriately
- A bigger park with a wide-open space is better for a picnic as compared to a congested place.
Choosing the wrong location and time for a picnic is most likely to destroy the intended mood. Make sure you consider all these factors for a successful picnic.
2. Picnic Food
A picnic cannot be complete without food and snacks. You cannot enjoy the beautiful scenery on a hungry stomach. Consider the following while looking for picnic foods:
- Carry portable food warmers and choose food that will make less or no mess. Consider foods like sandwiches and fresh salad. Avoid messy foods like pizza and chicken wings
- Bring along wood boards that will create space where you can place your foodstuffs.
- Get creative by creating heart shapes using foods like cookies and fruits like watermelon and strawberries. They will contribute immensely to set the romantic mood.
- Bring along desserts like chocolate croissants and fresh cookies, they create a good feeling and also have positive health benefits.
- Bring with you silverware utensils, try as much as possible to avoid carrying plastic utensils. Don’t forget a bag preferably full-grain leather ones to put in the dirty utensils.
- Go food shopping together with your date to avoid buying what they might not like.
- Don’t carry overly heavy kinds of foods, it’s just a picnic. You can still eat more when you go back to the house. Try and keep it classy.
- Carry along a garbage bag to avoid littering all over the place. The picnic spot should remain as attractive the whole picnic time and even after leaving.
3. Picnic Drinks
Water is essential in our lives, drinking enough of it ensures you are always hydrated and your food is well digested. Apart from water, you can pack other drinks like non-alcoholic champagne and sparkling wine.
- Avoid non-alcoholic drinks especially if you will be driving
- Remember to carry a corkscrew to use in opening your bottle drinks
- Buy beverages with bottles of good quality to avoid injuries that may result from the breakage of glasses. Check out trusted champagne bottle wholesale for good-quality glasses.
- Pack glasses to use in drinking your champagne or any other beverages. Make sure you wrap the glasses on pieces of clothes during transportation to avoid breaking them.
4. Picnic Decors
Decorating your picnic spot with relevant materials sets up the romantic mood. The following items can be used to decorate picnic spots:
- A bouquet of red roses for beautiful scenery and a nice scent. They also symbolize passionate love.
- A stylish picnic blanket for warmth and comfortability
- Lanterns that can be hanged at strategic points around the picnic spot
- Candles light up the place and set a romantic mood. Ensure the candle can last for the whole picnic period.
- Colorful ribbons and beautifully written boards to be hung on trees around the spot.
5. Picnic Activities
Picnics are mainly about spending a good time with your loved ones. Taking part in fun activities spices up things in the picnic. Here is a list of activities you can take part in picnic spots:
- Boat riding
- Riding bikes across the park
- Playing hide and seek
- Reading books together
- Taking photos of you and your loved one
Picnics offer more than just an opportunity to spend quality time with loved ones. Picnics are generally significant in the health of human beings. Picnics reduce stress and anxiety and generally improve one’s mental health. Picnics done during sunny days are also a good time for your body to absorb vitamin D. This article will guide you on things to consider when planning for a picnic with that special person.
Leave a Reply