With technologies evolving every few years and automated processes sneaking in briskly, it is time to embrace them and implement them across industries like telecom, banking, healthcare, and more, for a quicker and seamless flow of operations. Out of the many technologies controlling business operations, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tools stand out for their abilities to reduce the turnaround time and enhance productivity and, consequently, the businesses.
What are RPA tools?
RPA tool is software used for automating manual business procedures to allow industries to operate seamlessly as the employees can invest more time in value addition tasks rather than monotonous ones. RPA tools permit organizations to automate their processes by implementing software robots (mimic human actions) without any manual intrusion.
There are numerous RPA tools in the market, but we would like to highlight some of the best ones based on the reviews and effective features they offer.
Below are some vendors providing some of the finest RPA solutions.
Top RPA Tools List
UiPath provides a service by mechanical scanning and finding out the best options available for automating. Besides a submission hub for requests submission, the solution is also ingrained with low-code, no-code, and full-code that allows the users to implement the automation to their service. Additionally, it has a ‘Task Capture’ feature for businesses to document their processes automatically and ensure that all employees are using them in identical way.
- Wide-ranging tools for employees
- Strong assistance and training tools
- Customizable and Scalable policies
- Large files can occasionally break down the system
- Updates are at times puzzling and need plenty of configuration
Automation Anywhere provides a cloud-based RPA tool which automates the processes in legacy applications and software-as-a-service (SaaS). It is the Automation 360 platform (end-to-end automation) that highlights the processes with simplified workflows, fewer errors, and quicker response times which gives the highest ROI from the service.
- User interface is insightful and efficient
- Allows to schedule and update the process
- Customizable tool
- Too many features can lead to a steep learning curve
- Some segments are not very flexible
Blue Prism, a low-code automation platform, allows employees of all competence levels to add automation to their plans. It comprises a ‘drag-and-drop’ process automation builder that makes it easy to tailor tasks and add automation AI capabilities wherever required.
- Users can effortlessly design automation and utilize the processes of the platform
- Scaling and work queue management are sound
- Good compliance and security resources
- Interface model seems a tad antiquated
- Google Chrome integration faces some general problems
WorkFusion, a cloud-based RPA solution, analyzes a company’s processes to find the best ones for automation. The solution includes pre-built packages which swiftly power the most time-exhausting processes. The bots are pre-trained to lower the number of errors. They contain advanced analytics to deliver insights into how automation is affecting the most important key performance indicators (KPIs).
- ML (Machine Learning) bots produce value-added outputs as they are well-configured
- Users can instantly and smoothly generate new processes
- Error messages are not always clear-cut, which makes questions difficult to answer
- Improvement needed in terms of stability
The NICE RPA solution works on the back-end servers that take over the recurring organizational processes countless employees deal with daily. The bots work in unison with human employees on their desktop so that it is easier for the employee to intercede if the task does require human effort. Moreover, the platform incorporates some leading AI capabilities, including Optical Character Recognition (OCR), chatbots, and machine learning to extend automation even further.
- Effortlessly encapsulates data and gives easy access to information about performed processes
- Simple to observe, adopt, and schedule bots
- OCR features are shakier compared to similar tools
- Application can be tricky for citizen developers
EdgeVerve Systems’ AssistEdge RPA offers end-to-end automation with related intelligence and OCR resources. It predicts alerts about bot performance and service level agreement (SLA) failures that allow businesses to stay ahead of any issues. The business intelligence dashboards consist of data on both historical performance and forecasting with actionable insights. Additionally, it also incorporates enterprise-grade security and access features, together with GDPR compliance and assimilations with CyberArk’s Credential Vault. AssistEdge has over 120 operations, including the blend of RPA with email bots and chatbots.
- Scales easily across various functions
- The technology is very vibrant and EdgeVerve provides regular upgrades
- The account management team is very approachable and obliging
- Operation needs more human effort compared to some competitors
- Less assistance for OCR
Kofax is a codeless RPA solution tailored to automatize labor-intensive tasks across numerous data sources and systems. The end-to-end automation includes Artificial Intelligence (AI) that allows the bots to elucidate data and act accordingly to minimize the errors during data entry and document processing. By incorporating the RPA system with a business process management (BPM)/ case management platform, companies can enhance their existing technology investments and see higher ROIs.
- Codeless features allow employees to automate tasks without advanced expertise
- Easy to use
- Wide array of facilities supports the projects of any size and scope
- User interface demands some enhancement
- Pricing can be slightly convoluted depending on the essential features
Future Scope of RPA Tools
By blending automation tools with artificial intelligence, industries can restore numerous rule-based, repetitive, and human operations. With the automation industry expanding meteorically lately, the application of these tools will lead to faster, more secure, and more dependable business services. The intention is to maximize efficiency and keep the costs grounded and maintain extreme security levels. RPA tools can vastly augment the efficiency of their processes, primarily in all the repetitive and manually programmed processes.
With natural disasters like COVID-19 hitting the businesses severely, the application of tools like RPA has become mandatory. If implemented, all the global industries are destined to flourish as modern-day customers are eyeing flawless, secure, and faster solutions. However, the industries must execute the latest technologies, including RPA, that will not only tap the customers but also reshape the growth arc of their businesses.