How to connect your printer to your computer?
There are multiple ways of connecting your printer to your computer setup. You can use SCSI cable, parallel cable or a USB cable along with connecting the power outlet to the socket. You should always keep in mind that if you are using a network printer then it is recommended that you connect it to the wireless network that you are using or to the RJ-45 connection so that it is easy to access all the printer remotely.
If you are using a laptop instead of a computer to set up your printer, then you need to keep in mind that the laptop will work exactly like the computer. If you are using a smartphone or a tablet to connect to the printer, then it is recommended that you use a wireless network so that you don’t end up facing any kind of issue during printing.
How to set up your printer?
If you are buying a printer, then you should keep in mind that the printer will definitely come with a software CD which will have all the drivers installed in them. Make sure you keep your CD properly after installing them so that you can use it later when you format your computer or laptop. Here we will be talking about the steps that you need to follow if you want to set up a printer.
- The first thing that you need to do is connect all the wires and complete the setup. You need to connect the printer to the power source and then connect the printer with the laptop or computer.
- Once the wiring is completed, you need to simply insert the CD that came with the printer. Generally, the driver CD starts automatically but if it doesn’t, then simply open you’re my Computer by clicking on it and look for the CD drive.
- Press on the Install file and let the drivers installed in the computer properly.
- You will need to complete all the installation wizard that will come in front of the screen so that the software is installed successfully.
- Once all of it is completed successfully simply test the computer and printer connection and you will be good to go.
How to install the driver without a CD?
If you have a computer that does not have a CD port or your CD port is not working or you have lost your printer driver CD, then you don’t have to worry. All the driver files of different printers are available on the internet. All you need to do is simply go to the website and look for the model of the printer and you can download the driver files. You can then install all the driver files and you will be good to go.
How to test a printer?
Testing any kind of printer is very important after you install and set up a new printer. Here we have given the steps you need to follow to test a printer.
- The first thing that you need to do is simply go to the Control Panel.
- The go to the Device and Printers and then go to the option Printers and Fax.
- Simply right click on the option and go to properties.
- Click on the test print and you will be good to go.
Setting up a printer is not that hard nowadays and this is the reason you can simply follow all the steps given above and set up your printer in your home setup or office setup.