After a couple of years of travel restrictions, we can finally book a foreign holiday in a tropical paradise and why not? Pack your bags for a few weeks to jet off and recharge your batteries and if you are in need of some destination inspiration, here is our top 5 list of holidays in 2021.
- Luxury Yacht Charter – When looking for boat rentals in Thailand, Simpson Yacht Charter firm have an impressive fleet of luxury catamarans, yachts and superyachts, with full crew support. Choose the perfect vessel and book your dates, then you can fly directly to Phuket and board your luxury yacht and set off for the holiday-of-a-lifetime cruising the Andaman Sea. The fully crewed vessel can take you to stunning tropical islands, where you can swim with Whale Sharks and Bottle-Nose Dolphins on the pristine coral reefs. You could ask your friends if they would like to share this amazing experience; group bookings are cheaper per-person and the charter operator would have a range of luxury vessels. If you have yet to visit Thailand, add a month to tour the northern part of the country, which is a different world from the tropical south of Thailand. Meet the hill tribe people, who live in the mountainous northern part of Thailand and trek deep into the jungle, with an English-speaking guide, of course.
- Motorhome Across America – Fly to New York, where you can pick up a state-of-the-art motorhome and drive to the west coast and down to California, which can be easily done in a month. Much like a yacht charter, your accommodation and transport are combined, which means your experience is much more affordable; search online for a NY based motorhome rental company and check out their amazing range of RVs. The rental company can advise over routes and using the web, you can discover places of interest to see as you drive across the USA; the latest generation of RVs has everything you need for a comfortable experience. Use a national motorhome hire outfit, then you are covered anywhere in the US, should you require assistance, as they would have depots in every State. Here are a few tips for planning to travel with your boyfriend.
- Antarctic Cruise – If you are into ice diving, a cruise to Antarctica would be the ideal holiday; although you must have completed a certain number of dry suit dives to be permitted to join the ice diving group. Even if you don’t dive, seeing this unspoilt continent is something else! Whale watching and observing the seal colonies are just a couple of activities you can enjoy when you book a berth on a cruise to Antarctica; departure points are Australia and New Zealand; Google will help you to find a cruise operator. Not the cheapest holiday you can find, but this amazing continent is like no other on the planet and is completely undeveloped (we hope it stays that way).
- Mediterranean Tour – The Med is a fantastic region in southern Europe, which includes France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Turkey and the Greek Islands. Experience unique and colourful cultures and some of the best beaches in the world, while the food is something else! You could fly to Rome, rent a car and explore the amazing forests and coastal towns and let’s not forget Serbia and Croatia, formerly Yugoslavia, complete with mountains, meadows and forests. The Internet can help you plan your trip and you can arrange to leave the hire car at your final airport destination, while also booking your overnight stops. Spend a few hours learning more about southern Europe by surfing the web and this will help you plan the perfect route.
- Trans-Siberian Railway – A trip from Moscow to Beijing is on most people’s bucket list and for good reason; this epic ten-day train journey covers the entire country of Russia, while you can also take in Mongolia and sleep on the Steppes in a traditional tent. These are the best horsemen on the planet and they love to see foreign tourists and share their lifestyle. Starting at Moscow is the preferred route, then take a branch down to Mongolia and Ulaanbaatar, which is a unique city. The trip from Moscow to Vladivostok is over 9,200 km and summer is obviously the best time to make this trip, unless you love the snow and ice, in which case, the winter is the ideal time to experience Russia. Minus 50 C is something to experience and the train is suitably dressed for such weather, with heaters in every cabin.
The above are just a few ideas for holidays with a wow factor and the Internet can help you make your bookings and you can even arrange your visas online. Do check with the World Health Organization regarding Covid-19, as this might prove to be an issue.
Leave a Reply