The Telangana State-TS EAMCET cut off is released every year by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad. The university conducts it on behalf of TSCHE which is the state council for higher education in Telangana. TSCHE also conducts other entrance examination like ECET (engineering common entrance test), TS ICET (integrated common entrance test), but the EAMCET is a combined examination for agriculture engineering and medical (veterinary, pharmacy) courses.
Eligibility for TS EAMCET Result (exams)
The general eligibility criteria for appearing in TS EAMCET result (exam) are:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India, but PIO, OCI card holders can apply.
- On the basis of domicile, they should belong to the state of Telangana or Andhra Pradesh.
- They should be at least 17 years old at the time of appearing for the exam.
As the examination encompasses multiple streams, there are different eligibility guidelines for different streams. Those are:
|For Engg., Biotechnology, B.Tech (Dairy Technology, Agriculture Engineering, Food Science), B. Pharmacy, B. Sc (Commercial Agri. & Business Management)||
|For B.Sc (Agriculture, Horticulture), B.V.Sc & A.H., B.F.Sc||
The table below lists the optional subjects required for applying for the respective courses. Candidates are required to have pursued at least two or three subjects:
|B.Sc (Ag) and B.Sc (Hort)||Physical sciences, biological sciences, agriculture|
|B.V.Sc & A.H.||Physical sciences, biological or natural sciences|
|B.F.Sc||Physical sciences, biological or natural sciences, vocational courses in fisheries|
|B.Tech (Food Science) and B.Sc (CA & BM)||Mathematics + Physical Sciences, Physical Sciences + Biological Natural Sciences|
Here are some of the important points you need to know about TS EAMCET:
- Mode of Examination: Online, exam centre computer-based
- Type of Question: MCQ or objective
- The medium of Examination: Hindi, English, Urdu
- Total Number of Questions: 160. 80 from Mathematics, 40 each from Chemistry and Physics
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark for the correct answer with no negative marking
- Duration: 3 hours
- Syllabus: Click here for the full syllabus.
Here are the important timelines of this examination (for 2019):
|Online Application Form Availability||06/03/2019 – 05/04/2019|
|Application Correction Window||06/04/2019 – 09/04/2019|
|Availability of Hall Tickets||20/04/2019 – 01/05/2019|
|Exam (For Ag and Med)||08/05/2019 – 09/05/2019|
|Exam (For Engineering)||03/05/2019, 04/05/2019, 06/05/2019|
|Announcement of Results||19/05/2019|
TS EAMCET cut-off
JNTU was the first technological university in the country established in 1972. It determines the TS EAMCET cut-off marks every year which is the closing mark for admission into agricultural UG courses at each institute. Students above the cut-off mark make it to the merit list.
The final cut off mark after being determined by JNTU is published on their official website. However, a minimum of 25% of total marks are held as a standard for qualification. The factors that determine the cut off mark each year are:
- Total number of applicants
- Total number of questions
- The difficulty level of the paper
- Overall candidate performance
- Cut off a trend of previous years
TS EAMCET Counselling
After the announcement of the results, aspirants are required to appear for the counselling which is usually scheduled a few days after results come out. To get a seat in the college of your preference, it is mandatory to attend this. TS EAMCET counselling is usually conducted in three rounds and in offline mode.
For attending the counselling, students have to:
- Pay the requisite processing fees
- Fill in a form with list of colleges in order of their preference
- Get their documents verified
- Then after the seats are allotted and confirmed, pay the admission fees
The thing to note, students are required to report to the college they’ve been allotted. Failing to do so will result in seat being assigned to the next candidate.